One of our best friends had a destination wedding on Waikiki Beach. We were faced with the difficult task of fulfilling groomsmen duties while simultaneously maximizing our limited time in Oahu. We’re not the type of couple who likes to spend an excessive amount of time in the sun (this is mostly due to my wife, who doesn’t want to catch wrinkles…her words, not mine). Below is our compromise:
- Iolani Palace
- King Kamehameha Statue
You can reserve your free official memorial tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial here. Since it was just me and Nicole, we decided to wing it and just show up at the site for the limited amount of daily tickets. We arrived at the ticket counter at 8:30am and secured 2 free tickets for the 9:00am movie/ferry. We spent some time around the Pearl Harbor Historic grounds while waiting for our boat.
- USS Arizona National Memorial
- City of Haleiwa and picked up some groceries
- Matsumoto Shave Ice
- Sea turtles on Laniakea Beach
- Lunch at Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck, Kahuku
- Scenic drive along Kamehameha Hwy and stop at whatever looks interesting
- Valley of the Temples
- Kailua Beach
- Makapu’u Point Lighthouse
- Nuʻuanu Pali Lookout
After we returned to car, we had dinner at Marukame Udon.